Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Third Class Honours/Second Lower Honours
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer. View Post
I would just like to ask if anyone knows what are the average percentages of students achieving each of the honours class?

And does having a third class or second lower class honours really mean that all doors are closed for you?

I have been seeing forum replies where people have been absolutely nasty about the prospects of people without a second upper or first class honours.

Would just want to know what is the real world situation really like out there
Hi,

I graduated from NUS with a second lower, but I managed to get myself into the MAP at one of the local banks. So I guess not all doors are closed to someone without a second upper/first.

With that being said, I have been told repeatedly by others, be it family or friends, that I was extremely lucky to have secured a relatively decent starting position in my career. And to be honest, I can't help but agree with their statement too. Job market is down, companies aren't exactly on a hiring frenzy, so I guess if you have a second lower, you really have to knock on the doors considerably harder than those with a second upper/first have to.