Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am responding as a new poster but.

In my view, MBB just tends to be very prestige conscious. Somehow, they seem stuck in this mentality that graduates from overseas universities in the US/UK are infinitely better than those from local unis.

I know a couple of pretty crappy students who went to the US who got into MBB as compared to their counterparts from local unis who got dinged locally. How would I know? Let's just say that a good number of the best applicants are from the same top few JCs, and it's well known in these places who is good and not so good.

But I guess that's life.. If you're rich and can afford to go overseas, it gives off the impression that you're "better". Whether or not that's true, I have my doubts.
Having been inside one of these firms, it's true that they are brand conscious. How else can they justify charging 150-200 us$ for a junior consultant fresh grad or 1 year out of uni? If your cv reads MIT, Harvard, Yale, etc, it's more justifiable.

I agree with the recruiter post. First filter is CV (school and GPA). Second filter is interview. You pass the case interviews, you are in. Don't pass, you're out. Few of my ex colleagues are rich, most 90% are middle class ppl. Of course there are some kids of prominent people, but they too must pass the interviews.