Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I went for an interview on 2 August 2016. The interview appointment was communicated to me only by email. I was not able to reply the email on time as I do not have the habit of checking my email regularly. The company did not call me too regarding the appointment for the interview. In the email, the interviewer also called me by another candidate's name. Nonetheless, I attended the interview. Then when I was there, they took the wrong resume which was not mine and the interviewer said he could not find my resume. The interviewer spent about 2 to 5 minutes trying to find my resume in his email and even asked me to re-forward my job application to him again. Anyway, at last, they sorted it out and started the interview session. Then the next day, I was informed that I was hired and would send an employment letter to me. The draft employment letter was sent to me by the Secretary and I replied her copying the interviewer in. Until today, I have not heard from them. I called the Secretary and she said she thought the interviewer has replied me and since he has not, she will check with him.

What is happening ?

Something fishy going on ? Why isn't the HR Dept sending the employment letter but it is the Secretary who is sending ? Can't be they don't have HR Dept since they are medium-sized.

Did they really mistake me for someone else ? But I already showed up in person !!

Until now I am not informed to sign the employment letter, so are they having second thoughts ? What do you think ?

What the hell is happening ? I am supposed to start work on 29 August 2016 but with all these silly hiccups, if were you, would you dare go such company work ?