Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was the 2nd poster to reply the fresh grad. 2.7k to 5.5k. For me, I jumped across 3 banks to attain such increments. Jumping is the key in the banking industry, don't think for a moment that banks reward loyalty. They don't. Yearly increments are a meager 3 to 6%.

Bonus-wise, the other poster is probably in a local bank or a NBFI. But the European and American banks I've been in only award 1-3 months bonuses on average.
I am the first poster that replied. Yes, this poster is right. I was from Asian banks. Western banks don't pay such high bonus. I can only share from my point of view. I focus more on adding value, learning and being humble. I dont ask for large increments at the start but instead I told them what I have done in my previous roles. Every role is strategic for me to learn new things. Each time the company will offer me more than what I asked. My advice is don't let people feel that you cant wait to leave to get more increment, I mean people know that. The moment they see your value, they are willing to pay you more.