Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have to disagree with the simplistic analysis you have got there. The difficulty really varies because in this supply glut, law firms are not longer just looking at grades or pro bono or whatever. Having said that grades are very important factors. These firms are only looking to offer TCs to former interns or FCHs. I understand that WP and Dentons are willing to looking beyond former interns and FCHs. To get their internship you must have so quality in your resume in Y2 that at least attracted the HR team.

P.s not sure if people here are in the industry. Rodyk & Davidson is now known as Denton Rodyk. They prefer to be called Dentons o.O
This is not true. I am not a first and am an incoming trainee at Bakers. I got my TC before interning there. I have a friend who is similarly not a first and is an incoming trainee at CC. I have TONS of friends that are going to the big 4 and are not firsts and haven't interned at their firms. There are a number who aren't even 2nd uppers (without connections).

Ha ha everyone calls them rodyk no matter what they want to be called...same for stamford