Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc etc etc
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 PM

thereo is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much you guys for very insightful discussion.

Regarding the glass ceiling for foreigners in the States, I do agree that it exists. I also like to share my perspective on this one. Since the majority of the population in the States speak English and 70% of them are Caucasians, it’s inevitable that one who can speak their language and understand their intrinsic cultural norms, it’d always will be the case that glass ceiling exists for minority professionals. But most are happy with what they’ve got here. Hispanic Americans who earn 80k will take the job even if there’s a glass ceiling. There are also White Americans who get stuck at 30k job albeit they have no glass ceiling?

One user mentioned that since the guy who doesn’t have a native accent, it’s hard to build bonds with their clients and eventually let go. I wondered if that’s the case, would there be a possibility that MBB will staff more of their consultants in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia in near future? No Singaporeans, to my personal experience, speaks Thai, Malay, Indonesian fluently while majority of the projects tend to localize in those regions.

MBB in general is recognized by presence of those high achievers in their workforce. The staffing model, in general, is European offices will staff more of their local with the US education, especially from Ivy and Top ones.