Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 2 years into my job and recently got terminated because a customer complained about my boss's irresponsibility and work ethic. The situation was this:

I forwarded 2 similar draft documents to the customer for her review and after a few weeks, the draft was approved by all parties involved and so I did my back office duty by updating the customer, etc. Then later, the customer sent email asking questions directed to my boss. As usual, I printed the emails out and put to my boss's attention. The boss sat on it for many months even though customer sent many chasers and later filed a complaint on the conduct of the boss to the Board. The boss investigated and pointed to me that I had sent 2 similar documents to the customer and confused the customer and the boss himself. Later he drafted a letter to explain to the Board and in it he claimed he 'was not aware I had sent similar documents to the customer'. The thing is , all emails were copied to him but he did not read. In the end, the letter was not sent to the Board. It was speculated that because the emails were all copied to him and so there is no ground to say 'he was not aware'. Then the boss also did not reply the customer when she sent emails by emails to the Board and copied to the boss. I was terminated by this boss on Friday and on the following Tuesday, the customer sent another email saying the boss did not reply her.

Later, the boss instruct me to reply her email telling her it was my unintentional admin mistake to have sent her the 2 similar documents. TO MY SHOCK, when I read the chain of emails between the boss and the customer which WAS NOT COPIED to me, I learned that the boss had told her it was all my fault and he has dismissed me and I am serving my notice now. The smart customer replied said the boss has made me his scapegoat by shirking all responsibility.

Don't know what to say about this incident. In all this 2 years in this company, I have made 2, 3 stupid mistakes but no major mistakes. But this incident really made me speechless.

What do you think ?

Disclaimer : Pls don't ask irrelevant questions. I don't see the need to explain what are the documents, whether they are important or not. etc ...