Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Yes, the job market is bad, I was in a sales role in a japanese mnc. i was asked to leave by my team manager due to almost zero sales results when I was just 3 months on the field, I felt played out by this manager when I left my previous company in the same industry to join which had better reputation by customers. I sent out hundreds of application, went for countless interviews during these difficult periods, applied for sales roles in other similar industries, I admit I was also picky of the small scale SME cos having been working with MNCs for more than 6 years I worry about "face value" if my ex colleagues were to ask me where am I working now. I wanted so badly to join a particular US MNC, went for 2nd interview but tough luck my hopes were dashed. Also went for interview with a top competitor company only to be fished for free competitive information by the sales manager whom had no intention to hire me at all when I admit I was forced to leave, I left the interview feeling waste of my time at all and never will I want to join companies in this industry.

I am now employed in an SME not in sales role but on technical expertise in the engineering field, this company is also experiencing downturn with it's orders, but luckily still can keep afloat with other sectors.

to fellow bros out there, wish you all best of luck