Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Are you a primary 1 school kid?

He said he has fully paid up his condo. He must have bought it years ago when prices were lower. If he bought it during the 2009 crisis or during the 2003 SARS period, he could have got it very cheap. Not surprising why he could clear his mortgage fast. So he need not stay in a HDB flat. He is also saving for his retirement.

Read carefully, if you understand English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you really in your mid 40s or a teenager?

The median household income is measured across all household types meaning all the young households were included. Young households will be those in their late 20s to mid 30s whose incomes have still some way to go up.

For those in their mid 40s, they should be comparing their incomes with those in the same age group. Don't say I say, a $150k HH would rank below the median HH income for those in this age group.

If I were in your shoes, I would choose to stay in a HDB and save up for my retirement. Or if my family really wanted to enjoy condo facilities and privacy I would take advantage of the EC, which with a HH income of $150k pa I would easily qualify.

It doesn't make any sense why would anyone earning $150k pa want to stretch themselves out to stay in a condo and forgo all the subsidies that HDB dwellers enjoy?

For this reason alone, I suspect you are a teenager who does not know anything about bringing up a family and condo dwelling expenses.