Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Learning Japanese in Japan and career advice needed
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While your financial situation is good, I suspect your success is more because you probably had some strong & advantageous capabilities and your Japan adventure likely had very little to do with where you are now.

The OP is kind of different. His career so far has been mediocre below average and he is actively trying to pursue careers in retail shops that have opportunity to talk to Japanese customers. That means so far he hasn't been that great from a career perspective and secondly he is pitching himself too low in a low paying industry with jobs that are more catered for non-tertiary workers.

If he is really serious about wanting to make 3k in his next job, he will need to rethink and re-position this whole Japan love affair. I doubt there are many good companies that will be impressed with the 'bravery' of a FASS grad with a poor career record just because he went on a 1 year Japan learning adventure.
^ Agree

Not impossible if really good luck, but after so many interviews exp, I dun think interviewers take into acc. such things. Its always the branding of your previous company or exp or cert most important.