Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2016, 12:13 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think it is too late because I have colleagues around the same age which joined after mid-career switch. However, having said that, we face an extremely unfavorable job market this year with many young graduates turning to teaching as their first choice (unable to secure jobs in other sectors). Hence, unless you have relevant experience, chances might be extremely slim since competition is stiffer than usual.

Good luck!
That I agree with you. But must remember there are also genuinely passionate young graduates out there who chose teaching from the start, like me. HAHA

Anyway, I feel that the wheat will always be separated from the chaff. Those who do not truly have a passion in it, will suffer a lot, and will leave eventually.

Back to the question. For mid-career switch, usually the salary package etc differs for each individual. This would depend on their years of experience in the previous workplace, position, etc. Exact details are confidential so I wouldn't know. But there are some previous posts with people sharing how much they are getting from a mid-career switch to teaching so you may want to scroll back and have a look.