Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how does audit firm consulting's future like?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Note that each of the MBBs hire just around 5 ppl each year, so for others interested in consultancy, they are left with the second-tier ones (OW, LEK, etc.), boutiques, and Big 4. Big 4 salary may start off much lower than the elite consultancies but the pay after 4 years is still much better than the typical bank officer and such, plus the prospects from there are great.

Salary scale isn't very much different from the other Big 4 lines, maybe just a little higher bonus (esp now that advisory is becoming a larger and larger revenue generator for Big 4). Work-life balance is just as crappy (but also depends on project nature).

Thanks for the information guys!
However, I'm curious as to if i were to compare to other consultancy firms (even the lower tier), the pay is way higher than consultancy in audit firms. Which brings me to, why is this so?? Isn't it sacrificial to be in this role in a firm who does not pay market rate?? feels bit not valued. please correct me if i am wrong.. also, how does the future as a consultant in big 4 looks like? Will the skills set learnt be similar or stunted compared to consultancy in boutique firms- places?

thank you!