Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sales job: International travel/Allowance
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
This is random stuff but not irrelevant. I had clearly mentioned in my first post that people with knowledge or experience may advise. And so far the input has been great. I expect them to answer the things mentioned above because they may have dealt with same things on their own job or are aware of the practice in their company? I am not asking them to tell me what is the right way or how it should be with my future employer, just asking to share their own opinion/experience. Tks for the advice about asking from the HR, though.
Just sharing my experience in these fields, been with small and MNC companies before.

If it is a MNCs, I believed all budget will need to be approved through your company process software, your immediate boss will need to know the expense, and also the CFO as well. Once they approved, then you can proceed. Some provides (Japanese co.) fixed allowance per day, but exclude flghts, accommodation. In American companies, usually you have to pay first and claim when you are back in office. But claiming will also depends on the type of reports you are sending to them. If it is a good trip, they won't ask so much. But if it is not a fruitful trip, probably they will be picking on you.

If it is a SME, best is to check with HR first. Or someone you feel comfortable in the office (after your first day). If you are asking your boss, sure he will say take the most economical accommodation, flights, meals, etc.

For big companies, they should be an employee handbook which states the benefits, what grade of benefits are you entitled, etc...

So simple.