Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sales job: International travel/Allowance
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Verified Member

terminator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on the HR travel policy.

Many companies don't practice per diem anymore. Back when I did get per diem it was always on reimbursement. Don't be surprised that your admin may book hotels for you but you may have to pay first upon check out since it is unlikely that your company will have corporate accounts with so many hotels in so many countries.

Don't expect generous travel policies in this current economic climate. What do you mean customized policy?? Your company can dictate anything they want but no reputable company will short change you over this kind of things la.....

Depends on HR travel policy. Usually you get off in lieu but there are times when I don't claim. As a sales person you will be very flexi and you are bound to slack off during office hours so learn how to give and take. Don't "gek kao" everything down to the last min.... Medical insurance usually covered by company group policy.

IN short, FIND OUR FROM HR.
Tks for your info. I am coming to realize that: reimbursements is a common practice. It depends on the HR's practice policy and if reimbursements is the way then I would just need to politely ask if advance is possible. But what you said about paying first for hotel and flights is disturbing. Because from what I think, travel will not be occasional but regularly. Even if they don't have corporate account with hotels/airlines then they still cannot pay first by company's debit/credit card via online booking? I think it is possible to do so.

I understand from the replies so far that I don't need to be too much worried or fussy about all these expenses matter, especially the subsistence expenses. I believe the HR has been dealing with this in past so they should have some practice in place.

Regarding the "customized" policy thing: You make sense that a good/caring employer will not shortchange an employee over such matters. After all, they should know that if it gets burdensome for the staff then the staff may have second thoughts about the job. Taking pressure of workload and tough deadlines is one thing, but being worried due to money matters is another issue. I think it would just be better to politely discuss in case such business-related expenses get burdensome for me, like if I need to pay a lot of my own money first or that the reimbursements are being delayed, etc.

I would appreciate if you can advise if my thought process is ok??

Last edited by terminator; 25-06-2016 at 12:50 PM.