Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sales job: International travel/Allowance
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
You say junior staff can request advance payment? I thought it was other way round- can ask junior staff to do anyhow?
Depends on the HR travel policy.

Quote:
Yes I also find the per diem model seems nice. So did they give you per diem allowance upfront ?
Many companies don't practice per diem anymore. Back when I did get per diem it was always on reimbursement. Don't be surprised that your admin may book hotels for you but you may have to pay first upon check out since it is unlikely that your company will have corporate accounts with so many hotels in so many countries.

Quote:
I really hope they already have a generous/reasonable travel policy in handbook. And hope it's advance allowance, and whatever is leftover based on receipts, they take from me. Hope that they don't make a fishy/customized policy.
Don't expect generous travel policies in this current economic climate. What do you mean customized policy?? Your company can dictate anything they want but no reputable company will short change you over this kind of things la.....

Quote:
So may I ask you if you happened to travel overseas on public holiday(in Singapore)/weekend, then did you claim timeoff for that? And how about the medical insurance during overseas travel?
Depends on HR travel policy. Usually you get off in lieu but there are times when I don't claim. As a sales person you will be very flexi and you are bound to slack off during office hours so learn how to give and take. Don't "gek kao" everything down to the last min.... Medical insurance usually covered by company group policy.

IN short, FIND OUR FROM HR.