Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone working in Recruit express?
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2016, 02:35 PM

kittymark1987 is on a distinguished road

I'm Glad I did not let this matter go. Today I went to labour court at MOM and was given back my pay. This recruitment firm slyly put $1750 as basic and additional $750 as incentive if $10 000 sales were met. They had to compensate me the basic pay.

If you believe you have been shortchanged, do not be afraid to fight for your right. Some people are just greedy and in turn, become unscrupulous when they keep getting away. I have also learnt my lesson: always seek to change the terms of contract if you find it unfair. MOM officer says I should have walked away given this kind of employer. He is right but sometime people can be so naive in thinking employers will not be so bad.

Most importantly: always sign a employment contract before commencing work. Star recruitment likes to use the term "training" to make u work full time but not have any pay. They said I instigated with ex employees in going against the company. I am sure we are not the first batch to lodge complaint against them.

I'm disappointed that the current employees actually are so afraid to stand up and walk away. Star Recruitment says they have gathered essays from these current employees about how "bad" I was. As of now, only left 3. So many have ran away.

I thank u those in forum who supported me. If I had just quietly walk away, I would not have gotten back the basic pay. They have undignified us, paying wages that are lesser than domestic workers.