Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone working in Recruit express?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually the business model is very simple if you think of it as telesales outsourcing biz. Basically just hire many people on commissions and have them call as many people as they can, then take a cut of the salaries in fees and commissions.

Because this sort of business require very little start up cost (just a laptop, mobile and mouth), there are 2000+ manpower agencies in Sg alone. They deal with all sorts of segments and many are just small outfits <10 people. Many don't even have proper offices and just rent temp cubicles and meeting rooms when needed.

The guy can go sue or online CSI or whatever, but when the heat's too hot, they simply close down and 1 week later get another guy to setup a new company and cycle repeat. Many of them start off with big ones like Kelly, Manpower, GMP, RE - gain 1-2 years exp then just setup their own shop with a few colleagues. This whole industry is very shady if you ask me.

That's why I ask that guy to just move on and forget about his so called "salary" which is really just an advance in disguise. He's never going to get that back and no amount of emo-ing online / offline's gonna change the fact.

Yeah, kinda reminds me of those high profile tour agency cases recently. Those tour agencies knew they were in financial holes yet kept selling tour packages and tried to cash in on the Chinese New Year crowd particularly before closing down short after.

However, I'm not so sure whether a previous employer of A company closes it down, then opens B company, will absolve him of all liabilities of A company. Unless the fella has declared bankrupt.

Since the original poster has an employment contract and pay slip on hand, I think he does have a case against this employer. I am a HR practitioner and I can say according to the Employment Law, all these deductions from his company are illegal. He should have a talk with MOM and see if MOM will be able to assist him to recover some of these money back.