Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:44 PM

lazyplane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Lazyplane,
You are knowledgeable about the product.
Question is how can we grow more passive income.
Do you consider CPF interest as passive income though it can't be withdrawn till retirement age.
Since we are looking into products etc, let me rephrase your question.

can you let me know if there is any product that gives u guaranteed returns without any lock in period ?

FD ? Nope
Insurance linked investment - definitely nope.
Equity - u run the market risk . and definitely not guaranteed.
bonds - nope.
Business - even harder to extract money once in.

The only one that really give guarantee returns without any lock in period is cash. And we know how GENEROUS banks are in giving us returns. LOL.

The point i am stating is that if you treat CPF as any product above say like insurance , then passive interest from cpf is passive income.

But of course, dont be a fool and lock everything in the CPF basket lah unless you are very very near retirement. only then u can pump the CPF like bank account and do it aggressively ! cos the returns are very attractive for short term . There is definitely no product in SG market that gives better returns during say for 3 year time horizon.

The rest of us.. since we have more time, and what textbooks finance says "higher" risk thresholds (which i disagree strongly for this pt) , then we need to diversify and look at all the products i mentioned earlier. No magic formula. No single one bullet .