Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Passive Income

Hi,

May I ask do you factor CPF annual interest as passive income though you have not reach 55yo and is unable to withdraw and touch it till retirement age.

I am 45yo and has CPF annual interest of $10.4K based on last year. My SA is max up and could not top up further and thinking on how to grow safe passive income.

Besides CPF interest, my alternative passive income is from SD and UT(using SRS money). Didn't keep track of my shares dividend as the sum is min.

Total passive income (including CPF $10.4K) estimated at $27K (-10% should SD rate doesn't fall within the knock in and knock out).

Come year 2019, I would have additional $21K passive income from insurance payout. Therefore from 2019 total passive income is expected to be $48K (exclude the compounding effect from CPF and contribution)

I am aiming for a $96K passive income by the time I reach 50yo.

Wonder how should I invest as I have lost about $200K on wrong investment, and this time rather be safe and contribute or pay back whatever being withdrawn from CPF for housing mortgage to increase my CPF account.

My income is about $90K so hope to achieve passive higher than my salary.

Thanks