Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone working in Recruit express?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymark1987 View Post
I think u may need to read my original post. They have agreed (in writing) to pay $2500 basic but do you know how many deductions they made and how much I received at the end of the month? I only had $270 for working daily 9am to 9pm Mon to Friday for the whole of May. I was a corporate full time employee, not freelance or self employed. Even a domestic worker aren't allowed to have her pay cut - there has to be a bottom line in which an employer can deduct your pay. Deducting an employees' salary beyond a a certain % is illegal.

If you are saying self employed financial consultant who earn only commission - that's fair since they work flexible hours at their own pace and it has been agreed on purely commission.

I think your reply was very insensitive. Have you tried putting yourself in my situation and understand the insult we went thru? I am not putting this post up to rant as what you said. I'm posting this up so that other people do not fall into the same trap as I did.

U mentioned u have worked for worse firms. By "moving on" and letting go of these employers who took advantage of people's hard work is telling the world that such behaviour is acceptable.
You don't seem to understand the manpower industry well. A lot of people on commissions and deductible advances are employed by the company. It has nothing to do with free lance or what, it's a common industry practice.

I grant that the guy was being dishonest by framing the whole thing as a guaranteed salary, but in essence what he is doing is essentially an advance which is widely practiced in the industry.

Everyday there are a few agencies that get registered or wound up, you are just wasting your time and emotion ranting and not being able to move on. By the time you even CSI or figure out how to initiate your claims, this STAR probably already long shut down and in its place another SUN company will take its place.

This whole industry is like that, people come people go. Company register, company dissolved. For your own sake just let go and move on with life. Getting on the moral high horse and trying to frame yourself as a grievance fighter won't do you any good.

Even if you "expose" them in some online forum, you really think anyone gives a flying fish about this? At most you are going to get a few cheap encouragements egging you to "teach them a lesson". I also know how to talk cheap especially when it's not me investing the time, money and emotions to do that. Everyone will just move on and insiders will reach the same conclusion as I did.