Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are lucky to get a big inheritance. You can actually retire now and live in Aus. Sell your condo at $3.3 mil and invest in 5% dividend yield portfolio. You get $165k pa in dividends. This is more than enough for a family of four living there.
Yes, I am aware I am very lucky and am very grateful for being able to live comfortably for now.

I do not wish to retire at this age... however due to my unique situation of having a majority of my networth skewed towards my current residential property vs my liquid assets, I am wondering how I can leverage upon my networth to grow my liquid assets in order to live in relative comfort when I do retire at 60.

I have been thinking of selling my private apartment and moving into a condomium at Kovan Melody. The asking price is $1.6m. That will leave me with around $1.7m in cash to push into investments with a 20 year horizon. Am not a big fan of managed portfolios, due to a bad experience in the past with a reputable wealth management firm. Are there any other alternatives for passive income? I know property is the most common suggestion... if so any countries in particular that could possibly have an upward trend?