Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it advisable to study law now given that i will only be graduating in 6 yrs time. will the oversupply of lawyers correct itself down the road
You could be a potential undergraduate who have to serve NS in Singapore. Anyway the advice is the same no matter why you will graduate only 6 years later.

The truth is the oversupply has NOT PEAKED yet. The growing number of law fresh graduate is only going to peak in 2017-2019. The recent slump in economy made things worse as the bigger firms are cutting down on Practice Trainee places and retention as associates. I have heard of some spillover effect , where some law graduates were forced to take a gap year in their qualification route ( meaning choose to fight for 2018 places when most in that batch is doing 2017) . Not sure how severe is the spillover. My take is that 6 years is probably not enough for the peak to pass. I think 10 is a safer bet.

I hope other aspects of the study of the law may interest you sufficiently . Otherwise you should not go near a law degree.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app