Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Well said. In Spore, the COE is valid for only 10 years. Cars are depreciating assets. We should not spend good money on things which depreciates in value. The worst are buying sports cars worth millions. You should donate your money to the poor, needy, destitute and orphans rather than splurging on expensive cars.

I'm a millionaire. I own 2 fully paid condos but I choose to buy cheap cars. I plan to retire when I reach 55. I may not even own a car when I retire as my condo is near an MRT station. My condo is also near amenities such as shopping centres. If I need to use a car, I can just call Uber or Grab. If I own a car and if I seldom use, I will just waste money. I would rather donate my money and invest to let my money grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why pay $40k more? You can invest the $40k and this will grow multiple folds over the long term if you're good at investing.

What prestige? All cars are the same. Prestige is you own and live in a luxury condo. That's prestige.

If you own expensive cars but live in public housing, where's the prestige?

The difference between living in a luxury condo and public housing is a million dollar. But the difference between a cheap car and expensive car is a few ten thousand dollars. So no big deal. I know of people who drive a cheap car but own 3 luxury condos. That's high class.