Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - No passion for the job, HELP!
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi9q View Post
well, first I am not asking for any unrealistic nonsense about investment banking, trading etc. It is just for interest to know more and I am no longer seeking for a trading/investment related job. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stayed in this job despite hating it so much, putting in all the effort, thus I am not dreaming of secret escape. FYI, the amendments of document has been done for a year because of their various reasons.

But what is there to do when all you do is to sit there, stare into the computer and get paid for doing nothing? This only makes you redundant and worthless in the resume.

I don't need a glamorous job as per you say with only having a SIM degree , maybe I shouldn't have said "passion". what is there to start living to or stick to your job when all you do is to stare at the computer doing nothing?

It's bad and I want to leave, but is it as easy as you have said?
there are multiple factors to be taken into considerations.
qualification (especially what you have said SIM), experience, market condition, family commitment, school loan etc.
yes, if I suck thumb and stay on and decided to change, what have I done for the past few years? "stare into the PC" and "updating similar document for over a year"?

and yes, I am going to upgrade myself.

nevertheless, thanks for the advice.
Come on, you are not a 12 year old kid already. Most jobs in the market is just staring at computer the whole day, unless it's sales or on site operations. If you don't find anything worth living just because the job is desk bound staring at electronic documents, then I suggest the problem is far more serious on a personal level and has nothing to do with this job.

You do a job to survive, not to have passion or inspire yourself. These are good to have, but not an entitlement. You think you are the only one in the world facing tough job market or have family commitment and debts? Get real, most people are in the same boat.

They either take proactive actions or just suck thumb and bear with it until something better comes along. Complaining all the time isn't going to help and such negative attitude will just make your own life miserable and make your marketability worse.