Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice for "Research Coordinator" career
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxfire View Post
Hello all!

I'm a Life Science grad with 2nd Lower Honours from NUS, been working in a non-science job for about a year since I've graduated, but I'm considering returning to the science/healthcare industry.

Recently chanced upon a couple of Research Coordinator positions at a couple of local healthcare institutions, hence I have a few questions that I hope the wise community here can help me with:

1) What is the average pay range like for such positions? What about AWS and other bonuses?

2) How much "research" do they conduct? I may be wrong, but I hear that they are mainly the "admin" person in a research team, with most of the research done by the Research Assistants (RAs) and Post-Docs/PhD holders.

3) How is the day-to-day work of a Research Coordinator like? Is it a routine-based job or more dynamic in nature?

4) How are the working cultures at the local healthcare institutions, such as SingHealth, etc

5) Is there a difference between the normal "Research Coordinator" vs "Clinical Research Coordinators"?

6) How is the career progression like for Research Coordinators?

Appreciate the input from everyone! And I hope this thread will benefit people who are looking for similar jobs as well!

Thanks!
I don't think a decent degree holder like yourself should be doing a research co-coordinator job. It is like you said mainly a routine administrative job and naturally the pay and promotion prospects isn't going to be much better either.

Try to at least get a real researcher equivalent job, at least that's an executive level job that has use for what you studied.