Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

So let's recap. I said this at 09-05-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I like your earlier points. But I think the common generic FO banker at a top 5 bank, say GS, MS, JPM, BoA, Barx, I forgot the ranking anyway, has a better chance than the Harvard Law top law firm associate, in entering Blackstone.

If you want to end up in finance, start in finance.
Then you said this at 09-05-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Lol and to those giving 'advice' about getting into BX PE, just like SIM kids wanting to go IB - dream on.
To which I replied at 09-05-2016, 10:45 PM with

Quote:
Does mentioning BX scare you? And please enlighten me what in my advice makes it 'advice'. I don't go on talking about things I don't know. Maybe you can try to argue against my basic, but still sound, advice.
And now you just said:

Quote:
The burden is not on me to disprove your statement, it is rather on you to prove it having made the claim in the first place.
I would like to ask you what is my statement I have to prove. Since you probably expect more from me, I believe this statement I have to prove is the advice I posted right at the top. Generalizing your idea that everyone has the burden of proving what he or she says, then you are probably consumed by the bigger battle by getting a proof for each comment made in this forum.

But if you just need a proof from me, I could go to every single Blackstone employee LinkedIn page and track which came from a finance related degree or company and which from a law degree or firm. How do you like your chances that I'll find more from the former than from the latter? I guess not much.