Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Increment Rate
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To add on (i am the unregistered above), i worked in DB for 3 years, MSIG for 3 years and currently in ICBC for 2.5 years already....i know what i am talking about in terms of the banking industry and how well they paid.......

so sometimes, i see ppl posting blatant lies and misinformation and it pissed me off.

Just because you are hired in an international investment bank in the front/middle/back office/trading floor, doesnt mean you get at least 10K+ and 6 months bonus.....

DB used to have near 500 headcounts back when i was working there (2006-2009), do you really think everyone get 7-8K? Heck, majority of them don't even get 5K monthly.

And many of the 'Assistant Vice President' are just glorified titles.....6-7k max......bonuses in the banking industry is heavily dependent on global macroeconomics than your personal performance. You can be employee of the year but if the bank is not performing, your bonus will still be **** (unless you are C level execs in which your bonuses are fixed to a certain rate based on your contract).
Please don't go around mud slinging others when you yourself left the BB space long time ago since 2009. Since then your were in insurance and china bank industry which is very different from IIB.

From what I heard pay and bonus wise is still very strong for IB, but headcount is dropping and those who left are not replaced. The issue for most people is not enough jobs to go around rather than pay & bonus is no longer good.