Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I am a fresh grad from NUS, Computer Science, NS and Second Upper Honors.

I received an offer from a GLC doing healthcare IT projects for government. Annual Package is roughly S$ 68000 including all bonus and AWS and other benefits. That's considered quite decent for fresh grad.

However I also received Citi's offer a technology analyst (Back Office in Changi Business Park)for their training program. Their annual package is S$59000 with all things included. It's still quite good package but the place is full of FTs and Indians.

Which one do I choose?
In terms of starting pay, GLC pays 9000 more than Citibank. But what about in 5 years time? I heard GLC and Civil Service very hard to prompt one grade and based on what I saw from previous 500 pages, yearly increment is S$200 for average performers.

Plus, say I choose GLC eventually. Then if I want to jump ship in the future, where can I jump to? Citibank technology analyst can jump around DBS, UOB, OCBC even to J.P.Morgan if lucky. But where can GLC Healthcare IT people go?

Please kindly give me some thoughtful advice. Thank you.
This is a no-brainer. Take Citi. Your exit opps are worlds apart compared to taking up the GLC offer. As much as Citi's reputation has taken a hit in the aftermath of the global financial crisis, they are still an eminent brand to have on your CV.