Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The popular opinion stems from the fact that many NSFs have worked with DXOs before, and we know how useless they can be. My own supervisor was a DXO. She went on maternity leave and an NSF corporal took over. We scored even better for that year's audit because she wasn't around. If an NSF corporal can do your job, you are pretty useless.

Of course, this doesn't apply to all DXOs. I'm sure there are some DXO positions out there that are not cushy and the work is tough. But the majority are not. You can't really say otherwise since half the population(a.k.a all men) has been through NS and has worked with lousy DXOs before. What a DXO can do, his PES E clerk can do better.
Hi there. You are probably talking about DXEAs. If a NSF can do the job, thats probably not a high level job where its just routine process work. what im talking about are officers of DX9 and above. by no means an easy job all across the board.

What you have mentioned are very narrow points of view that i wont waste my time defending. "What a DXO can do, his PES E clerk can do better." this shows your level of knowledge of DXOs jobs. That being said, i have NSFs who are of very high quality, but i dont believe they can just 'take over' officers like in your example.

all in all, unless you are a DXO yourself, you wont see the higher echelons of the organisation and understand the quality of our officers.