Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Well said. I used to work in a tough job, working long hours given the fast paced corporate environment because I have to as I wanted to earn a high salary which allows me to accumulate wealth.

Now after working for so many years, I no longer have to work in that kind of tough environment with poor work life balance. Now, I have chosen to semi retire and work on projects I choose. I choose my work. My wealth allows me to generate a comfortable passive income. My "for fun" work now just adds to my wealth. I now work as and when I please and I get to spend a lot of time with my loved ones.

I agree, wealth can do wonders! As long as you don't abuse the use of your wealth by wasting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What does wealth means to me:

1. Wealth gives me a feel good factor
2. Wealth gives me peace of mind
3. Wealth removes worry about funding my retirement
4. Wealth gives me options!

Housing.
When I got married after working for 2 years, I had no choice but to book a HDB BTO. Nothing wrong with that, but I had no other choice because I could not afford anything else. Now that we have built up some wealth, we could choose to stay in the HDB, stay in a condo or landed property. We chose to live in a condo.

Car
For a few years after our marriage, we took public transportation to work. Again no choice. Now, it is not whether can afford car or not, but what kind of car. Whether 1.6 ltr or 2 ltr etc. We decided to have 2 cars.

Travels
We used to stay in hostels when travelling, Now it is 3 to 5 star hotels

Food
We were regulars at hawker centres. Now, we eat in restaurants to enjoy the aircon, a little privacy and cleanliness.

Work
Up to till recently, we go to work to earn a living. Now, we work because we want to

The list goes on..