Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

What does wealth means to me:

1. Wealth gives me a feel good factor
2. Wealth gives me peace of mind
3. Wealth removes worry about funding my retirement
4. Wealth gives me options!

Housing.
When I got married after working for 2 years, I had no choice but to book a HDB BTO. Nothing wrong with that, but I had no other choice because I could not afford anything else. Now that we have built up some wealth, we could choose to stay in the HDB, stay in a condo or landed property. We chose to live in a condo.

Car
For a few years after our marriage, we took public transportation to work. Again no choice. Now, it is not whether can afford car or not, but what kind of car. Whether 1.6 ltr or 2 ltr etc. We decided to have 2 cars.

Travels
We used to stay in hostels when travelling, Now it is 3 to 5 star hotels

Food
We were regulars at hawker centres. Now, we eat in restaurants to enjoy the aircon, a little privacy and cleanliness.

Work
Up to till recently, we go to work to earn a living. Now, we work because we want to

The list goes on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some people write in this forum to brag about their $800k pa jobs.
Some people write in this forum to complain about their $40k pa jobs.

The rich will one day die.
The not so rich will one day die.

Why worry so much about how much you have?
Everyone can only eat and drink so much. If you are a billionaire, will you eat 100x more than a poor person?
Will the billionaire who lives in a big mansion sleep as soundly as the person living in a small home?

Be happy with what you have. Make the best of it. Don't have to work so hard till you die.
Make a difference to your life. Make a difference to the lives of others.
Go out there to volunteer your time and help the poor and destitute. Don't just donate a few thousand dollars and brag about it.
Life is short.
Make the world a better place.