Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Increment Rate
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, this is how i used to comfort myself in the past using the bad economy as an exmple but this is totally ********. In fact, opportunities usually come during the timing when economy is bad. I will advise him to keep very closely lookout for any outside opportunities and jump over it and not wait and wait. If he is unable to promote and getting any good raise based on his 50k from the past few years where the economy is good, what makes him get even better if he still stay on to this coy? One more things, you have mentioned that lots of diploma/ITE ppl earn less than this which is not totally true. I know quite alot of them earn even more than that and somemore he is a degree holder which you should compare someone with the same degree and not comparing apple with an orange. Totally different.

Bec ppl like you keep telling others to be contented. No wonder ppl dun improve themselves which also partly contributed to this bad economy now... That's why gov keep pushing ppl to upgrade themselves.
There will always be people earning more, I’m not quite sure why you are so intend to prove there are poly grads making above 50k. I assume everyone already knows that.

So what would be your advice other than generic cheerleading? You don’t seem to offer anything besides a baseless claim that better opportunities are available when the economy is bad and for poster to keep a lookout.