Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I chanced upon this thread and empathize with those who are eager to know the outcome of their interviews.
Normally they will reject you quickly if you failed your interview.
if you had to wait, it is likely you were KIVed (good but not best), or they are putting your name for management's approval.
HR is known to jam certain offers even when line PCs decided to offer their candidate, for reasons unknown to me.
Those KIV ones may eventually be offered / rejected especially if new resumes were received (if you noticed, some job applications on the career portal do not have application end dates).

DSTA is predominantly engineering, with most departments doing PM / Systems Management. Therefore you are required to have project management and engineering knowledge. Engineering knowledge is important (so said our top govt ministers) and can be transferred to places like LTA, SMRT, PUB.
But DSTA also have Computer science folks doing Cybersecurity, SW development, QA, QC etc. These skills are very transferable but likely to be lowered paid if you wish to venture into Pte sectors.

Pay, welfare are good, depending on which sector you compare to (prob. not as good as oil/gas, banking. But definitely better than IT industry)

All the best folks.

source: we are hiring; Have conducted and is still conducting interviews.
Thanks for this piece of information. If I received verbal confirmation some time ago from the HR people but have yet to receive any official offer, should I be worried that I might still be rejected?