Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sats gap
Thread: Sats gap
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Excuse me, I was from SATS just up to a few months ago. I know how things work.

There has never been a case of a "promising" junior exec being seconded to a JV as a GM. This is highly misleading. Most JV GM positions are M4+. A junior exec is only E5/6, that's like 4-5 levels below even the smallest GM.

And SATS does NOT practice expatriation package unless you are a senior executive. A mid level manager who gets seconded to GM gets a package comparable to what he is drawing in Singapore plus a few additional allowances and basic perks. This is far from what is commonly know as "expat package".
Haha you must be 1 of those long serving uncles still stuck in SIA days. Things have change a lot in the last 2 years.

Nowadays esp after Hungate join job titles already follow banking industry ie. inflated like mad. Even hire degree grads also don't want to do it properly, come out with what 'assimilation program'.

A junior ops or station manager now seconded to jv can become GM; even a finance assistant manager or accountant is called CFO or DyGM in a jv.

Last time you need 8-10 yrs to reach manager and 20 to snr mgr now they just throw managerial titles to any deg grad with 2 years exp.

I once talk to the HR before, they tell me 2 reason for doing this - first is like another poster say to psycho youngsters to go **** places and tell them is progression. Also because now gen y/z want to promote once every year or so, so they just invent more & more job titles to simulate promotion.

Secondly also to please the jv partners that we value the relationship by sending 'snr managers/GM' to impart best practice and create synergy.

The only part which is still valid is no expat package. Just very basic additions to live there, but don't expect to live like a king like some other MNC expat.