Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sats gap
Thread: Sats gap
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm the previous poster. You can easily find out where SATS JVs are located on their website besides Japan. This poster is not exposed to international biz enough to know that most JVs use local staff for various reasons other than cost with the parent company usually seconding just a GM/Dy GM or Finance Head over. The size of the JV usually means that a promising young exec could get the chance to take on a GM role overseas. The experience is invaluable, not to mention getting an expat package.
Excuse me, I was from SATS just up to a few months ago. I know how things work.

There has never been a case of a "promising" junior exec being seconded to a JV as a GM. This is highly misleading. Most JV GM positions are M4+. A junior exec is only E5/6, that's like 4-5 levels below even the smallest GM.

And SATS does NOT practice expatriation package unless you are a senior executive. A mid level manager who gets seconded to GM gets a package comparable to what he is drawing in Singapore plus a few additional allowances and basic perks. This is far from what is commonly know as "expat package".