Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sats gap
Thread: Sats gap
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegg View Post
Oh actually I know that the GAP thing is just marketing language.

Is the culture like SAF? I know that a lot of senior staff there work at SATS their entire life. Interested to know if they have continuous improvement projects or the job scope is quite monotonous?

I actually do have an offer from a Fortune 500 for an executive role. I'm just worried whether I will learn more there and have challenging work to do. In comparison SATS promises a rotation every 3 years and Singaporeans have the opportunity of overseas postings.
My take is to go for the F500 role. Bigger companies always have more options, besides once you get a good brand name in the CV can always jump within MNC space. The same can't be said for SATS though.

Job rotation is just another fancy gimmick, most mncs have either formal or informal job rotation anyway. Unless you really CMI, nowadays nobody works in the same job for long years and never change. As for overseas opportunity that one is mostly BS.

SATS main business is in Singapore. With Daniels sold off, their only significant overseas subsidiary is in Japan and AFAIK only a few senior managers are seconded there and maybe a few junior ones on short term stays, the rest of the staff is all Japanese. The other countries are all JVs or minor stakes, at most send 1 or 2 reps there to jaga the place.

Also MNC easy to move to GLC when you reach mid career, GLC is very hard to move to MNC once you stay too long. If you die die insist on joining GLC, at least join those 1st tier types like DBS, Capitaland, Keppel, Singtel etc.