Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Every role has a max salary capped. this is the same every field anywhere. So if u are applying for the same position aka same role for example sw engineer. U will never hit a salary that is ridiculously high.

Imagine it takes a 10 yr exprience engineer asking for 8k applying the same position in other companies i am sure it will be hard. So what needs to be done to have higher pay is to go up to different roles. For us , sw engineers , we shld be thinking of sw engineer-> lead engineer => sw manager -> sw architech -> technical manager -> tecnical consultant. Or u move to another field project maagment. That is why ur pay can be considerable increase. So when u are working for 5 years, if u r working same position when u jump ship no doubt there will be much increment from ur last drawn but it will eventully hit a plataue ifu r still working as the same position.

So what i am saying pay increase comes when u seek higher roles in the company. The best engineer is still engineer if there is no business, u wunget paid not to say increment. Finding the business is exactly what engineers cant dothat why there are so many saf parachut down to st. for 1 reason, generate business. Give me 1 top engineer that could easily clinch a mindef project and that engineer is ready for more pay increment. i guess when we talk about performance. In anywhere, the best performer is not the best code u write , is the code that u write that generate best revenue for the company.