Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Starting salary
Thread: Starting salary
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
usually 5-6 years can reach 10k already. most vp/svp who reach 40 already drawing >30k.
This is inaccurate. 6 years is possible, but it is not the norm. For that to happen, the analyst must be firstly, starting in a BB, and be promoted to associate/junior AVP within 2 years, senior associate/full AVP in the next two years. Then, by the sixth year, VP. From my observations, this only really occurs 1 in 40 people. (in other words, not every graduate batch has such a high performing flyer.

SVP in back office does not draw 30k. They draw 20-25k. Perhaps pre-2008 the total compensation could be >30k, but it is definitely not the case now. Bonuses are now generally less than 1 month for most back office roles in a BB. In any case, only 1 in 8 people actually make it to SVP. Most plateau at VP. Making to SVP by 40 for male Singaporeans in the back office is also considered very, very, good and not common.

By the way, this differs from bank to bank, but VP starts at 12k-15k. Therefore, I'm not very sure where you are getting your sources from. I can only speak for back office in technology, and technology pays higher than operations on average, therefore I'd like to know which "back office" role you are referring to.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app