Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Default It's really not the money anymore

First of all, what makes you think we are not giving the best education to our children? Secondly, having a job is a privilege. Those currently unemployed would know what I am talking about. We always count our blessings that we have jobs and are healthy. So don't abuse these blessings by giving them up, especially by retiring prematurely. Working can be a drag sometimes, but there are also good and happy periods when you/your team achieved your targets/objectives and see that your work output make a difference to society at large.

But most important of all, it is really not about the money when we talked about our wealth targets nowadays. Admittedly, our wealth building journey did start off with the main objective of saving enough money for our retirement. After we hit targets after targets (eg, hitting our first $1m, then $2m, etc). it has now become a hobby and a passion. When we hit the $5m target recently, it is no longer about the money anymore. Now we treat wealth building as a project if you like. Something that we can still do passionately when we retire from work.

It is exciting when you see your investments panning out well and you want to do more. For us, this is in the form of our passive income streams and the appreciation of our investment values.

If you have not started on this, you might want to give a try. It can be addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All this talk on wealth accumulation will never end. At the end of the day you will die. Why do you need to keep so much wealth until you die? Give to your kids and make them lazy? Why should you work so hard and all your wealth will be enjoyed by your kids. Stupid.

I would give the best education to my kids and send them to Ivy League universities. Then it's up to them to chart their own destiny. With the solid education, they can earn a lot more than I did and accumulate their own wealth.

I will just plan so that whatever wealth I have, I will spend it. I'll just buy annuities with my wealth. The payout will continue until I die.