Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just chance upon this thread. I think to clarify, AD package may not always be in the range of 100-140k. (unless you are scholar/high flyer) Becos my cousin just got an offer in the PS for an AD position. (10years work experience, local degree). Not even near to the above mentioned range. Monthly gross only sub 5k. (so the collated information somewhere in this forum that mentions AD as high 7000+ to 8000+ per month is not always true)

This is further fueled by the large statistics of unemployed local pmets that has joined this pool of job hunters thereby diluting the bargaining power of the candidates.

So for those who think AD position are highly paid are not exactly right. But I do agree at this economic climate, you might not even get a job in the private sector due to the tight job market.
Your cousin joined at the minimum end of AD as a relatively youngster with only 10 years work exp. What the discussion is about is the stagnation at AD level which means you will end your career at the high end of AD which is 7-8k.

You are confusing the issue here.