Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Relocating to Singapore, is 8000SGD per month reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey for accommodation thats within 30 minutes you can try redhill/queenstown/tiong bahru in the south, or the eastern areas in singapore like paya lebar/kembangan/kallang/bedok. Take a look at the Singapore MRT line and property guru website for ideas!

There's lots of options!
I'll further complete the list with my geographical knowledge of Singapore. 30 minutes MRT from Raffles would also give you:

1. Bishan. Where I stay. Nice place. Some say, along with Toa Payoh, the neighborhood areas closest to town. Heartland mall in the form of Junction 8 to satisfy your shopping.
2. Toa Payoh. Slightly larger neighborhood but also very nice. I believe it's still the only Bus interchange which is air conditioned. And the bus interchange is huge. Lots of local food options.
3. I also recommend Ang Mo Kio. Here is where you'll get closer to the locals but still nice place. Has a large mall in Amk Hub.

In terms of food, all three, as a matter a fact, any neighborhood in Singapore, has all combinations of local food and restaurants. So don't worry about food.

In terms of distance from Raffles, it'll be Toa Payoh (closest), Bishan then Ang Mo Kio. They're one stop away so they're really all just bunched up together.

I'll just add that Newton and Novena, which are even closer to Raffles are the city fringe prestigious areas. But I doubt you'll find a nice place for 2.5k/month or under. You can try looking but those areas should be out of your budget.