Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Average mean most(70%, 80%...) people belong to that category. You are definitely not alone feeling such...

Consider to Leave....If you feel strongly you are seriously under-paid in comparison with market rate, seriously under-rated in performance as you have bigger dream and ambition to fulfll ....or you can't continue to work having to worry being label by other "can't make it".....

You current pay(relative with others) is something bosses may consider before promoting you. You will never knew how much all of your colleagues getting, only the big boss knew. Who know if some are getting slightly lesser than you, happen that both of your doing similar work....

Promotion is not free lunch... it comes with a price to pay
It's never free lunch I know that as I worked my ass off for it. The year before my promo was the most stress year I had. Then some other ppl including my sup still asked me how long I hv worked cos long ago it's default promo based on seniority. Well, I believe I hv done much more work or even same kinda work as those who were promoted with higher pay. So don't know what they are complaining abt. One of my col who gt default promo long ago commented 'it's Gd that at least ur gt promoted for ur hard work'. Those who gt default promo somehow had the thinking that I was lucky to get my promo before my 'default' year. Actually there's no more default promo now as everyone hv to work for it if they want promo.