Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Structured Programme VS Direct Hire
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Verified Member

noobieguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just start looking for normal jobs regardless of structured or not. Got a good enough offer just accept regardless of program or not.

You shouldn’t be wasting time hanging around for 6-8 months just to apply for “structured programs”. Chances are not high statistically anyway, ~ 2-3 openings for every 500 applicants, especially those prestigious MNCs. You don’t want to fall into the vicious cycle of being unemployed too long which damages the CV and invites questions which further makes it difficult to get a job and prolongs unemployment.

As you don’t seem to know much, I presume you are not one of those with strong internships and insider network which makes it even harder for you to get in. Cold application for MAP is possible, but it does put you in a disadvantage compared to those with an insider sponsor.

Try and see if you can secure a few solid normal offers from big MNCs easily. If you cannot even get a few of them within a short time, chances are you aren’t going to fly when applying for a MAP.
currently im intern at a Oil&gas MNC.. i just scared that they dont open a entry-level position for a graduate.. so i am finding a backup plan..

and im not so stupid to wait for 6mth to get into structured programme..
and yes, i dont have insider connection. im just trying my luck only..

wonder if the pay wise for direct hire varies?

anyway i apply the DBS GAP...