Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career at Age 40s
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with the rest, economic is not doing very well better to keep your current job until you sign the job offer with another company, no harm sending resume be it Pte or Govt, you will never know. I'm just few years younger than you and also has this worry but luckily I found a cs job, many ppl do say cs job not that great except pay but which job is easy, even you start a business also not easy. Just take it one step at a time and progress from there, don't be shy to ask question even that person is younger than you. Learning is a life time journey.

Good luck in your future endeavour
Congrats to u on finding a CS job. May I know if u r a local grad? which industry may i ask? Are you moving from a pte to cs? any downgrade in salary, responsibilities (or title)?

Jus my opinion to TS, dun take it so hard and then look towards starting your own business in this current economy. The situation is brutal at the moment. Unless you have seed funding or some sort of financial boost/assistance, a mid career (40s age group) biz startup is most certainly to wipe out your savings with limited years to bounce back in 10 years time.

All the best guys/gals.