Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Problems hiring technicians
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 05:54 PM

sapphirehjess is on a distinguished road
Default Problems hiring technicians

Hi guys!

My company is a small SME in the manufacturing industry with a very small workforce of 22 people including operators.

We have been having problems hiring a technician for our production department.

We tried 2 different job portals. We interviewed about 3 people from the first ad which nine were suitable and none from the second. There were practically no replies for the second ad.

We want to hire fresh grads/ 1-2 years exp from ITE or the most Malaysians with technical credentials. But we haven't been able to attract such candidates. This is sort of a new position as the Exec in Production is retiring in a few years and we have created this new position to learn from this Exec and probably share the load with other staff in the department.

I would think that our company offers quite an attractive package with no shifts, 5 day work week and don't need to OT. The only disadvantage is the same as others is that we are in an industrial. We have health benefits and insurance for the staff as well.

We don't want to post an ad on job portals as we think there isn't much use. We may ask a recruitment agency for help. However, I don't know if that will work. We recognize that our target market is young and would use he internet but the job sites have been disappointing,

So sorry for the long story but are there any ideas on what we can do? Appreciate your comments!