Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 11:11 AM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anything counted as prestigious is top 100 in world actually. and well, i think no point everyone talking or giving you advice. As you mentioned, you worked with uni prof so well and i guess they are the best to guide you and not peasants like us. Also since you were able to list out so many online degree and why are you pursuing JCU rather then the one you claimed oxford has it?

Most imptly, i can see that you just wish people to support that online degree are worth it and pursing a masters or phd in JCU is equally good. From all the post that i read and although majority suggested that you should go back poly and get a full campus cert but i doubt you wouldnt one to listen and looking at how swallow you think, i can fully understand why you took up online degrees in the beginning - you just want things fast.

Look boy, you have failed once and didnt you realise some useless cert will not do you well? obviously you dont need any fch pr scholar to give you advice because none of them even think of JCU in the first place and the people they worked with most probably are people with proper certs.

I think it is better for you to pursue what you want as it is obvious you are not someone who take in people words. today im in the working world and im telling you the fact in sg and you might not even believe it. i think you better stay in malaysia.
i admitted my online degree was a mistake. i listed those online degrees mainly to reply to someone who said prestigious universities don't offer them. i am not endorsing online degrees, in contrast, i am choosing to go back on campus to study for either a phd or a bachelors/masters.

jcu is not the best school but i have no money to go to aus or uk to do 3 years etc on campus.

going to poly is pretty fluffy. i will be 34 with a poly diploma even if i study full time, what good will that do for me?? time wise, income wise, in terms of the content...

i already have a bachelors and have access to master level courses or bachelors courses, might as well do from bachelors or masters or phd. even sim uol graduate entry bachelors degrees are only 2 years part time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i dont think you didnt got it right. cambridge education doesnt mean came from uni of cambridge or certified by cambridge? well if you think you can be in mellissa's shoe then go ahead and get a JCU degree. no point arguing over here listing you are smart actually. if you were, you wouldnt have choose this route for godsake. lastly, i hope JCU can get you a career in teaching in sg. I am from the educational side and i didnt really see someone with weird degree or online degree unless you were saying some FT from india or so. Thank You.
moe teachers? no. is mellissa an moe teacher? no. she is a trainer...i.e. private teacher...

if you have any good suggestions on how too turn my life around, please let me know. please don't say go to poly or ite...thanks.