Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 11:56 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's your interest? So far all I am reading is you want to get an office job in banking or marketing.

Just go get a job related to your interest and then upgrade in areas that are relevant to your chosen career. Best is if your attitude and capabilities are demonstrated, some companies even willing to sponsor further education.

I agree with the rest of the posters here that you shouldn't waste time pursuing dubious certificates. It is better to gain proper work experience followed by relevant education that actually helps, not just buying degree for degree sake.

You already made the mistake of doing online diplomas and degrees which in the end lead to nothing and have to run road to Malaysia to teach English.

In Singapore most people peak their careers in late 30s or 40, you don't really have a lot of time to waste before the age factor sets in.
ya la thats why i am kan chiong now. i am not wasting time buying dubious certificates, i am thinking of studying in james cook on campus for a bachelors (and then i will throw away my online one). or doing a phd in a good university.

or alternatively doing a masters in notts malaysia or monash malaysia or in sim or another bachelors in kaplan whatever.

my interest is making money so i can get married soon, preferably in banking back office or oil and gas.

been applying for banking jobs no reply. oil and gas havent tried. only got pesky insurance agents trying to scam me.

dont wanna do a finance degree i am not a quant guy. so maybe try a marketing degree from jcu or somewhere and pray i can find a back office banking job or work in marketing in a bank or oil and gas loh.

then find girlfriend, get married, live stable life loh. earn 3-5k each month, have a happy time after work, weekends go to the park.

that is my dream in life loh.