Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 06:29 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
do you know that there is a different in obtaining a certification at uni of cambridge and at kaplan? oh gosh! My advice is take none and go back to take a recongised diploma course. if you can state the HK uni name, we can at least see how possible it is for you
Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes.

umm...it simply means mellissa completed the int dip for teachers and trainer by uni of cambridge. this is a part time 4 months 4k course that anyone can do, even if you are psle. even a celta or delta may be better than this.

mellissa has a masters in education. well, i can get that with a year's of hard work in sg as well....masters of education are the easiest courses to get in.

lastly she has experience in teaching blah blah...i have tons of experience in teaching as well....what i don't have is her director work experience in a private school...but even that is not hard to get with a few years of work exp in my belt back in sg.

this is my current line of work, if i wanted to stay in this line like mellissa, i can get to mellissa's level within a decade, but what for, these training guys are earning 3-4k max most of them.

which is why i am getting out of it rather than going down the bunny hole.

Mellissa Callendre Tawin
Senior Assistant Director (Pedagogical Practice)

Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes. She also holds a Master in Education Management (MEd. Leadership) and was the Director of the School of Languages and Foundation Studies at a leading Private Education Institution in Singapore. At TLPD, Mellissa provides resources, support and consultation on Academic Integrity and administration of the NTU’s online Academic Integrity modules for Undergraduates. She manages the overall operations and publicity of NTU’s Faculty Development System (FDS) that provides faculty development workshops and programmes, in addition to co-leading, organising and promotion of events via NTU’s Annual Learning and Teaching conference and seminars, and Distinguished Speakers’ Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here is JCU's GES: s://.jcu.edu.sg/student-life/student-support-services/careers-services/graduate-employment-survey

2% work in government.

12% work in education. Please take note that working as a private tuition teacher also counts as working in education.

Average salary is 2k to 3k.

There. That's your future.
not too bad actually. 50% of graduates are foreigners in the first place, and the average pay is like 2-3k, same as sim uol etc. nus fresh grads are only getting around 3k anyway. something like 10 or 20 percent in finance.

within a few years, 3-5k which is my target is quite easily within reach.

much better than some moronic advice to go back to poly spend 5 years working a dip part time. i mean like, i got a degree, i can get into any master courses, i can even take the a levels easily the papers are easy i saw them, yet some guy is saying go back to poly for 1.6k.

damn i am already earning 2-3k per month now, in sgd, in a country with lower cost of living.