Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2010, 11:32 PM
diptograd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey there,

seeing you writing these really reminds me of what i am 8 years ago. The "ideas" i hope for with my additional paper certs. Sorry but let me break the sad news to you

1) Since you are being converted to div 1, it is highly unlikely they will ask you how much you want for your salary. Rather, you accept what is given to you.
2) it is shocking to see that you actually say NOBODY knows how to do your job in your department. it really implies your role is of little to no significance to the organization; nobody is required to know aka.
3) Your work is most likely highly visiable to yourself only. (seriously ask yourself how much do you know about what others in your department do?)
4) Your immed boss may like you but ultimately he / she is not paying your salary. HR has tons of policies regarding salaries etc. Most of which are not very favorable to upgraders.

2 years exp / fresh grad upgrade from poly. With more exp you will understand my words. Bottom line, try not to hope for much with the conversion to Div 1 in stats board
Hmm, what did they offer you and did you take up the offer?

Actually, just wanna clarify on two things:

On point 2: One of the things I'm doing, social media and traditional media analysis (like the value of the coverage on my organisation's news for eg) is quite new to the local comms field and I'm the only one with the skillset to do it currently. I'm not sure if its not significant, but I've been asked by management to do this more and more often.

On point 3: Not really accurate to say that its only visible to myself... I've presented to the management, board as well as have my work showcased at International events. I'll be leading a team to produce a video for my parent Ministry's Minister to present next year as well.