Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
I think I would have to disagree. If you can get a 500 increment a year, 10 years later your income would have increased by 5k, which equates to 65k p.a. , including 13th month. Any bonus you get (especially in high bonus industries) will be based on your monthly salary. I think that will actually help a great deal in your journey.

Of course, I'm assuming you don't spend the increment on additional MBS/RWS trips.
I have a different view on this. focus on the long term and sustainability of your career. Not everyone is cut out to be self employed. so if your pay is low, instead of fighting over that small increment, look at how this job can help move you up the ladder or transfer to another job with a quantum leap in income. I won't quibble over the small increment if you don't lose sight of the big picture.

I was averaging 120k pa in singapore between 30-34. I have 60k savings, one HDB flat and 100k cpf. Nothing to shout about.

I left singapore at the age of 35 and pay went to 220k to 360 pa. I bought another property in beijing and now my net worth is roughly 2million.